Monday, September 17, 2007

Minutia of life . . .

I am feeling like my posts are getting boring lately, but frankly I am a little tired of politics, and I am trying to concentrate on the minutia of life as both a change of pace and a way to relax.

Harvey Pekar, the cult comic book writer famous for his American Splendor series, had one of his greatest lines when he wrote "Everyday life is pretty complicated" and I tend to agree with that. So my posts will probably be along those lines unless something remarkable pops up in the world of politics or current events.

I stayed up till 3:00 am this morning playing World of Warcraft and only managed to sleep in till 8:00 am, so I am still kinda groggy even now. I jumped back on the game as soon as I woke up, so that might be part of my lethargy too for all I know . . . staring at a computer screen for hours on end can suck the life out of you.

I was going to put up the Christmas decorations today, but it is raining and cold and I just think it will have to wait until tomorrow.

It's good to be back home. We only moved here seven years ago, but I don't want to ever leave this place. Tennessee has the perfect combination of southern charm and "almost" northern climate and the rolling hills and tall trees are beautiful. Hopefully, the government will forget about me until I can retire in eight years and get my retirement job. I am either going to teach or work in the corporate security world . . . the latter will pay more, but I have always wanted to teach full time. I was an adjunct faculty member of the City Colleges of Chicago when I was in the Air Force and I loved it, but it is harder to find those positions away from military bases. Still, it is something I am going to look into a few years out from my retirement date.

Well, I should end this. Loving wife is doing laundry and the boys are upstairs playing on the computer and I am going to do something . . .