Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The President's Speech

I missed the President's speech last night as I was sleeping off my Best Buy adventure, but I have been reading about it this morning and evidently he hit a home run. I especially liked this part.
September 11th, 2001 required us to take every emerging threat to our country seriously, and it shattered the illusion that terrorists attack us only after we provoke them. On that day, we were not in Iraq … we were not in Afghanistan … but the terrorists attacked us anyway – and killed nearly 3,000 men, women, and children in our own country. My conviction comes down to this: We do not create terrorism by fighting the terrorists. We invite terrorism by ignoring them. And we will defeat the terrorists by capturing and killing them abroad … removing their safe havens … and strengthening new allies like Iraq and Afghanistan in the fight we share.


We do not creat terrorism by fighting the terrorists. That is a line worth remembering.