Monday, September 17, 2007

Invasion of the Lady Bugs . . .

I love old horror movies and I especially enjoy those that use the most unlikely creatures as the "evil entity "of choice.

I mean, there have been movies that featured snakes, birds, ants, roaches, bees, frogs and even earthworms (Squirm) that are stalking and killing off the slow-witted populations of various communities.

Well, I can report that they are based on reality because we are being stalked by Lady Bugs.

You see, every fall Lady Bugs come out by the hundreds and seem to make it into the house through every nook and cranny. And, heaven help you if you leave a door open for a split second because, like an SEAL team of Demi Moore-like amazons, they will quickly seize a beach head and mass for a total invasion.

And the only way to avoid their WMD style stink is to suck them up with a vacuum cleaner, which has to be done several times a day. Sort of a preemptive strike you might say.

Now, I think we are holding our own, but if you don't see any posts from me for a few days send help . . .