Monday, September 17, 2007

Mom I'd like to taunt (MILT) . . .

I am sitting here watching the news coverage of the Scott Peterson verdict and all the talking heads keep complaining about the crowd outside the courthouse cheering about the verdict and then taunting Scott's poor mother when she left.

While I don't for a moment advocate taunting someone's mother, I gotta say that I don't think it is that big a deal for a crowd to cheer the verdict. I mean, damn, does ANYONE really think this despicable person didn't kill that poor woman and her unborn child? Does his defense attorney even buy that? And it is not like they stormed the courthouse and strung the sociopath up on the limb of a tree . . . they just cheered when they learned justice had been done.

So I think the talking heads should just shut the hell up about the crowd and concentrate on what is important . . . like how we can avoid all the appeals and fry this monster next month . . .