Monday, September 17, 2007

A trilogy of laughs . . .

"I'm going through a very prolific phase. Ideas are coming faster than I can write them down" ~ Mitch of Mitch and Mickie fame in The Mighty Wind.

That's the way I feel right now as I sit here on a dreary almost-winter day flipping through TV channels like I was popping M & Ms. TV is a never ending source of tales for my wandering mind and that brings me to The Mighty Wind, which I am watching as I type.

If you haven't seen that film, and its predecessors, Waiting for Guffman and Best of Show, you are missing out on some funny stuff. The combined talent of Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy, Fred Willard, Catherine O'Hara, Michael McKean, Jennifer Coolidge (Stiffler's Mom), John Michael Higgins, Michael Hitchcock, Parker Posey, and several others have gelled into what may be the best (and only?) comedic trilogy ever made.

You can catch them at various times on HBO and some of the other premium channels, but my suggestion is to rent them at the video store and settle in for a very entertaining night.

The ideas are coming faster than I can write them down . . .